What is a Virtual Agent?
A virtual agent uses the ability to create virtual characters through a contact center computer generation, animation, and (AI), in order to offer customers, the functionality of the chatbot. The intelligent VA can answer customer questions and provide information about the company’s products and services.
How Virtual Agent Work?
In the first decade of the 2000s, Virtual Agent Technologies appeared. At a very basic level, Virtual Agent Technologies works on pre-programmed script models. Organizations can create virtual agents that were scripted to respond to human requests in specific ways. Organizations typically identified specific workflows that would be handled by virtual agents and were told what the virtual agent should do based on a specific request or investigation by an individual. The organizations then developed a script so that the agent could respond to each request, which the agent could identify by default keywords that were programmed into the platform.
These intelligent virtual agent platforms can also interact with the back-end system. Thus providing a more personalized response to customers or employees interacting with the agent system. Furthermore, the capabilities built into these platforms enable these agents to “learn”, so they can become more efficient and effective while working, and they can also increase their ability to handle wider tasks.
Types of Virtual Agents:
A virtual agent type is there:
- Virtual assistant,
- Intelligent agent,
- Dialogue system
- Pedagogical agent
Virtual Agent Capabilities:
Since the second half of 2010, VA software has improved in knowledge computing programs, virtual agents have come a long way from Interactive Voice Response (VR) systems. In fact, technological advances have enabled virtual agents to understand customer intent and provide humane answers to customer questions.
This is extremely useful for sales and marketing teams, as they usually focus only on leads that are considered “high quality.” Through virtual agents, all leads can be tracked, resulting in higher sales. In addition, the cost of virtual agents is significantly lower than that of human employees.
How to use a Virtual Agent:
Companies interested in adopting VA software through cloud service providers or software vendors will have to spend time and resources training ‘’ Virtual Agents’’. This initial setup can take months to complete, depending on the company’s level of confidence. Virtual agents are based on machine learning technology, which improves over time as the system enters more data and learns through constant use.
Prediction about Virtual Agent (VA):
It is predicted that by 2030, the turnover of virtual agents will be 1.2 million. A separate Gartner study found that 25 customer service and support activities will integrate VA technology into channels by 2020, down from 2% in 2017. Research shows that the next 1-3 years will be a time to attack intelligent VA’s. Here’s everything you need to know about technology. Intelligent Virtual Agent is the automated version of Customer Service Representative. The VA solution attracts a person to communicate with users through a speech or chat interface. There are many different types of VA solutions, such as chatbots, and conversion AI
Benefits of a virtual agent
Implementing a virtual agent for your business provides instant answers to your customers and also reduces the need for your current agents to spend on routine questions. Instead, they have time to answer complex questions.
Top Benefits of Virtual Agents (VA):
Automates Repetitive Tasks
Recurring tasks such as booking an appointment, canceling an order, registering for a webinar, or upgrading an account in nature and can be handled by a virtual agent.
Improves Customer Experience & Satisfaction
According to Klaus, the FRT (first response time) should be 1 minute 36 seconds to keep customers happy. Consumers want instant answers to their questions and one of the fastest ways to achieve this is to implement a VA
Virtual agents collect relevant information such as names, email addresses, and in some cases phone numbers to help with follow-up.
Provides 24/7 Customer Service
Offering 24-hour support for VA use is one of the obvious but important benefits.
Virtual Agent vs. Virtual Assistant:
- The terms virtual agent and virtual assistant are often use interchangeably with the term “chat boot”. Although these three types of computerized aid are offered to people in different capacities, there are some subtle differences in each of the terms.
- Virtual agent and virtual assistant are more closely related terms and, thus, more likely to used interchangeably. On the other hand, the term VA is more commonly associated with organizational use, where agents used to help customers or employees.
- A chatbot is a specific type of virtual agent – a chat agent – with the ability to “chat” via email or messaging or voice. However, the term “chatbot” does not include a wide range of virtual agent capabilities, which may include visual representations. Such as holograms, as well as other additional features beyond verbal communication.
Advantages of Using Virtual Agent Software:
- VA technology is an exciting development for companies looking to take a unique look at consumer behavior and interactions.
- Unlike focus groups or surveys, which often involve paying or encouraging users to give feedback,
- VA technology offers users a neutral, unwavering voice. VA Automatic Reporting displays tens or hundreds of thousands of opinions.
- Insights are available in real-time. So you don’t have to wait for an analyst to manually extract, compile, interpret, and distribute uncertified user feedback. These are opportunities for leaders to take immediate action to improve product and service offerings.
Today most users and many workers have interacted with a virtual chat agent or agent system. Workers who have used an automated system to reset their computer passwords, for example, maybe interacting with an agent system. Similarly, for users who have a web site’s messaging interface, the chat feature is clicked, they were also likely to interact with an agent system. The use of some virtual agents also made headlines when airports in the 2010s tried to respond to passenger requests for information from hologram VA’s.
You may also like to read: What is Clustering and Types of Clustering?